9th 2017 ALIRG WORKSHOP
The ALIRG (previously known as Taiwan-Singapore-Thailand LIS Research Group), is a collaborative effort among several LIS researchers from Taiwan (National Taiwan Normal University ), Singapore (Nanyang Technological University), Thailand (KhonKaen University, Mahasarakham University), Malaysia (University of Malaya), Philippines (Ateneo de Manila University), Japan and India.
Previous workshop of ALIRG (TST Workshop) are listed as follows:
· 1st TST Workshop, 2008: Graduate Institute of Library & Information Studies, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan, R.O.C.
· 2nd TST Workshop, 2009: Khon Kaen University, Thailand.
· 3rd TST Workshop, 2011: Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
· 4th ALIRG, 2012: Graduate Institute of Library & Information Studies, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan, R.O.C.
· 5th ALIRG, 2013: Mahasarakham University, Thailand.
· 6th ALIRG, 2014: Department of Library & Information Science, Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology, University of Malaya, Malaysia
· 7th ALIRG, 2015: Rizal Library, Ateneo de Manila University, Manila, Philippines
· 8th ALIRG, 2016: Graduate Institute of Library and Information Studies, National Normal University
The purpose of the Workshop is to promote collaboration among LIS researchers, educators and professionals in Taiwan, Singapore Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Japan and India. The specific objectives are:
· To initiate and carry out regional collaborative projects
· To establish regional library and information research groups
· To obtain expert feedback on current research studies
A PhD symposium is included in the Workshop to promote networking among PhD students.